WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Friday 7 August 2009

Am I Ready To Return To Work?

As some of you know, I've been stuck at home for the past four months not being able to do much.

Sooo, you tend to spend a lot of time gazing out of the window at what's happening the the street....

.... and our neighbour opposite is really getting on my chimes! How he manages to have a permanent two day stubble is beyond me (beginning to think it's a fake one) but what is really winding me up (and this is pathetic now I type it) is how often he washes his car!

He uses a pressure washer so I always know when he's out there in the drive. So far this week he's washed it three times. THREE times!!! He'll have no paint left on it soon. It's not as if it's a posh, flash car or anything, just an ordinary Ford Mondeo diesel (but he does have a personalised numberplate).

This chap is only in his late 20s/early 30s. I think he needs to get a hobby - and please don't tell me washing his car is his hobby LOL.

Good grief, I think that mentally I am ready, so ready, to be getting back to work - if only my knee was playing the same game.

Yours, slowly going cuckoo
Squirrel xxxx

4 comments:

Helen said...

PMSL...you curtain twitcher you!
Surely you should be crafting up a storm!
Helen x

Squirrel x said...

Hunny, I'd love to be crafting up a storm but since I was evicted from the dining room and relocated in the conservatory I have to pick my times - it's as hot as Hades out there at times, even with all the windows open and the ceiling fans on - so it's either before 8.00am or after 5.00pm unless it's a cooler day!

Pauline C said...

Aww hunny .... i wish he'd come round and wash my car - i don't think it's been done 3 times this year lol!! Or maybe he could do Helen's seeing as she's just got a shiny new one lol!! it sounds like the boredom is really getting to you now hun ... dare I suggest yet another good book?? I'll email you with couple of new suggestions I have :-)
Hugs
Pauline x

Caroljenks said...

Aaarh Squirrel you poor dab!
You must be soooooooo looking forward to .............anything!
I agree with Pauline - maybe he should offer to wash other peoples - if he enjoys it so much!
And doesn't he know that you DON'T wash a car with a pressure washer!

Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...