WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Friday 21 August 2009

There's A Smell ...... Updated

.... and it's a smelly smell!

It's been bugging me for a couple of days now. It seems worst in the area of the sofa in the bay window and I did wonder (briefly) if Vince had finally been brave enough to catch one of the mice living in our garage and managed to sneak it indoors without me seeing. But then I realised that was silly, he doesn't even know he's a cat.

I had intended to persuade hubby to tip the sofa tomorrow to investigate (it's way too heavy for me at the moment) but after wandering around the house this morning sniffing (but at the same time trying not to smell - make sense?) I think I have narrowed it down. A little while ago, himself excavated the boot of his car and there is a suspicious hessian bag sitting in the hall full of his stuff. The smell actually seems worse now in that area.

Now, I am a relatively brave woman but I am NOT delving into that bag! It's like little boys and their pockets, you never know what you might find. I'm going to take refuge in my craft space until my hair appointment this afternoon and guess what his first job will be when he gets home tonight?!

I'll let you know if we eventually find the culprit!

Update: Toad, being the good little boy that he is, started the search this morning.

As he moved things around the smell was getting stronger and more stomach-heaving. Eventually he held up an M&S bag with a triumphant "I've found it" - which caused a puzzle as, so far as I was aware, that bag only contained a box of over-the-door coat hangers that a friend had given me.

He took the bag outside to the wheelie bin and came back in looking a bit green. He'd had a peek in the bag and said there was a green liquid in it, like a foodstuff had decomposed.

YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK - all the windows are now WIDE open and getting a blow through!!

3 comments:

Helen said...

Me again...I promise I'm not stalking you today! lol Just wanted to say that there's a little something for you on my blog...so you'll have to pass it on now! ;0)
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Oh heck I wouldn't want to be in Mr Toads shoes hee hee ;)

Cathy said...

LOL!!! You are so right about little boys and their pockets!!!
Hope you track the smell down and it is removed ... I think you know who is responsible!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...