WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 31 December 2009

Me And My Shadow - A Problem!

Afternoon all - after so many days of not crafting I really wanted to make the most of today with Toad being at work, but you know how it is, things never go to plan!

Anyhoo, had a little stamping and masking session with my Tilda's this afternoon and had a contented hour colouring away with the ProMarkers and Copics until I was happy - and then I noticed the problem .....


The grey Copic that I used for the shadow around Tilda on the bench has bleached out the underneath brown ink!  Any ideas on how to resolve this please? 

It was all going so well too ..... sigh.

Then I found this stamp that has lain neglected for ages and it seemed the perfect opportunity to use my new Martha Stewart border punch - it's a very simple card but I think the punch works well with the stamp (Hero Arts Sketch Vase)


If things pan out right tomorrow I am hoping to tackle a couple of challenges (how easy is it to get out of the habit) so do pop back then and see what else I've managed to make a mess of !!

Hugs, Squirrel xxx

12 comments:

TallyTalulah said...

Gorgeous card - Happy New Year Shirley

Love Lianne
xx

Tracy said...

I don't use copics, but i'm sure putting your Tilda on a bench would look absolutely fine without shadow. The vase card is so pretty.
Have a great new year and all the best for 2010.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

craftymum said...

Hi Squirrel
You could try going over the "bleached" out area with either the same colour you used on the bench or the next shade darker. It would be best to try it on a seperate piece of card first. Use your initial colurs, then the grey copic for shadow and then the same bench colour/next shade deeper. If that doesn#t work cut out Tilda and restamp the bench on seperate card and then "sit" Tilda on the new bench. Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on
L0ve Srarah W XXX
p.s. You have coloured it beautifully though!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Squirrel. Love your colouring, but can't help on the bleaching front!
Happy New year,
Hugs
Cathy xx

Caroline said...

OOOh another gorgeous card cant help on the bleaching issue Id have gotten in a strop & thrown it in the bin & started again!!

I LOVE your MS punch - another one for my wish list!! Hapyy New Year!!! x x

Pink Dandelion said...

Hi Squirrel, lovely cards as usual. On the bleaching problem I have no idea but would probably cut out the Tilda and then restamp the bench and glue her on top. In the future I wouldn't use the grey around any images that had a masked background. Wishing you and Mr Toad a very healthy, happy and prosperous New Year. Debs xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel and A Happy New Year to you and your family,
Hugs Dianne xx

Julye said...

Happy 2010 and hope its positive and healthy for you and yours.Can't help on the bleaching problem but I think it looks fine and whoever you send it to will love it and never even notice it they will just appreciate the care and love you put into making it but I know it will forever bother you and that is all you will see as we crafters are all just a little bit as my son would say OTT at things being perfect. Both the card and the image are lovely and I would be happy to recieve either and I wouldn't think ooph I don't like that shadow I would just love the fact that I was sent such a wonderful card with a pretty cute image on. Relax let 2010 be a see things with a positive slant happy accidents etc.
Have a great new year Julye

Sarah said...

Hi Squirrel, Happy New Year to you and your family! Hope 2010 is a great year for you.
Can't really help much on the bleaching front, except to say that I would probably have used a darker brown colour as the shadow on the bench (not sure if that's any help)
Love the card you've made, gorgeous pastel shades perfect for a get well card!
xx :0)

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous cards Squirrel - sorry can't help with the bleaching problem though tbh it doesn't really look a problem to me - even after you've pointed it out lol!! The vase card is very pretty and love the new MS punch - it's one of several I've been considering myself :-)
happy new year hun!
Pauline x

Jackie said...

Hi Squirrel, don't worry about it, there would be a bit of shadow from her sitting on the bench which would change the brown colour anyway! It still looks very good, and the flower cards is very pretty :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

both fab card :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...