WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Wednesday 9 December 2009

Passion For ProMarkers Mega Christmas Challenge



How excited did I get when I saw the Passion For ProMarkers Mega Christmas Challenge ?  I bought a new stamp (yes, another one) from High Hopes a little while ago that I've been itching to use and also wanted to make an Advent Calendar so this seemed the perfect opportunity to combine the two -


Sorry for the poor quality of this photo but I took it on my phone after I'd done the colouring but before I'd laminated the calendar.  I'm really chuffed with how this beautiful Nativity scene worked, especially the donkey.


I had a tinker on the PC to produce the calendar part, did a little bit of matting and layering and then stuck it all together and layered on to a sheet of stunning satin mirri card, the photo doesn't really do it justice.  Should have taken a photo before laminating so sorry for the glare.  A little bit of organza ribbon for the hanger and hey presto!

I had great fun making this, and hubby spotted it straight away when he got home last night.  Hope you like it.

Hugs, Squirrel xxx

17 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Squirrel
Your advent calender is fabulous,
Hugs Dianne xx

Aunty Sue said...

no wonder you are chuffed it is brillient

Trudy Osborn said...

LOL! Chuffed? That is a new one for me. What does it mean exactly? I can tell you are excited, so I get the general meaning.

Great calendar, I think I need to come up with something like this for my boys, so they quit asking me how much longer till Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Yes it is a FAB image Squirrel :)

Pauline C said...

Aww this is so cute - fab idea ! What I want to know is though .... are there any little doors with chocolate hiding behind them?? lol!!
Hugs
pauline x

JAN said...

awesome calender and i do love the nativity theme it is so on trend at the moment.

Tasha said...

Wow this calender is fantastic - your colouring is just amazing love the blending! Its a fantastic idea
love tasha xx

Mina said...

what a fabulous calender and such a brilliant thing to do for a child...I would join in your candy but it seems a bit greedy when I have the stamps dosent it lol
Mina xxx

pickle said...

Like it?? its blummin lovely!! You clever squirrel you. Your colouring of the image is superb and I love how you have done the countdown.

Kerry x

coops said...

oh wow, this is absolutely fantastic, love your new stamp and coloured perfectly.looks great.luv coops.xx

Jackie said...

Fab calendar, what a good idea for the kids, little ones or big ones :o)
Jackie xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Squirrel, what a cute calendar. The image is beautiful and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joinin in with our mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

TallyTalulah said...

Gorgeous - I love the donkey's feet!

Lianne
xx

Zippy said...

Megga cute! You can make me one next year!!!!! xxxx

lil-paper-pixie said...

Squirrel this is fantastic, what a suberb project, I love it.....gotta get me that stamp, thanks for playing along at Passion for Promarkers & good luck.

Hugs

Sarah

Wiccababe said...

what a cute idea Squirrel, love the image
thanks for joining us on the xmas extravaganza at PfP and good luck
Debbi
xx

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous project Squirrel. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...