WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Wednesday 3 November 2010

ABC Christmas Challenge - W - Winter Wonderland (+ White) (DT)

Hello all, and welcome to another fabulous challenge with ABC CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE!  You guys were loving Samantha's sketches for the V challenge - don't forget to check back to the blog to see who the winners are.

Now, W for Winter Wonderland sounds quite harmless doesn't it?  Yeah, and then a certain teamie throws in the optional extra of White.  Ha!  I cannot possible repeat in polite company the words I used, and I've had confessions from other teamies that I was not alone.  Having said that, the team have totally rocked this challenge - just check out those fabulous DT cards!

And I must say a big warm welcome to our three new DT members who join us for their first challenge - that's Delphine, Dorte and Carissa - and to our two guest DTs - Paula and Tanja.

We are sponsored this time by SIMON SAYS STAMP so what more encouragement do you need?  Get crafting!

I've made two cards for this one - the first with the White option and the second without:


For the first card I've relied heavily on my Cuttlebug folders and some white hammered card for embossing the dots and stripes.  The snowman is Dapper Dan from High Hopes.  Ribbon from stash, Card Candy from Craftwork Cards.  Sentiment is Personal Impressions.

The second card uses cute little Lili Of The Valley penguins and loads of Glamour Dust.  Papers are Papermania and Co'ordinations Cardstock and a peeloff from stash.  Martha Stewart snowflake punch.

Both very clean and simple.

Looking forward to seeing all your creations!

Hugs, Squirrel xx

22 comments:

Sarah said...

Two gorgeous cards Squirrel, I think you've done a fantastic job! I love cards that are just white (except the image)!
Sarah xx :0)

Christina said...

These are gorgeous cards! Really love the winter theme!
Hugs Kristel

Debbi said...

Great cards! They both turned out so well.
*smiles*
debbi

coops said...

fantastic cards squirrel.love your images and the white on white effect is really effective :D

xx coops xx

Delphine said...

Oh you, little Squirrel... 2 cards 1 challenge... They are both gorgeous, the LOTV image is soo sweet and your choice of blue perfect! As for card number 1, well I love it! Simple you say, but very elegant! And the snowman is really cute! Hugs Delphine xx

Ann said...

ooooooh thank you for visiting my blog :-) lovely to "see" you there.

Ann said...

sorry...... forgot to say, you have a lovely blog :-)

Jayne Hayward said...

Love your beautifully coloured images and dp. Great work.

Jayne xx

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous cards Squirrel ,,, both are just perfect ,,, love em :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Helen said...

Such sweet cards Squireel - I love the texture on your 'all white' card...and those penguins are soooo sweet!
Helen x

Julie said...

Such fab cards,I really must emboss more often,your snowman card is so enhanced with a bit of embossing,Love that glittery igloo too!,Happy crafting,Julie.x

Kat said...

Both fabulous Squirrel, I love them both. Think I may be able to enter this one.

Kat xx

Pauline C said...

2 very sweet cards Squirrel - love both Dapper Dan and your darling LotV penguins. I love "all white" myself and can't wait to have a go :-)
hugs
pauline x

Mina said...

bbbbbrrrrr I can almost feel the snow...two gorgeous wintery cards
Mina xxx

Carissa said...

Great cards! The images you have chosen are adorable and I love the simplicity of the cards themselves. hugs, Carissa

Rufus said...

Ohh, that's a toughie! All white, shudder! But you've pulled it off perfectly. Way to go, gal!
Hugs,
R/

Anonymous said...

Hunny I know this was a tough one for us! and yes there were a few impolite mutters from my lips too! But your cards hunny are just Fabulous!! I love them both but that little penguin is so flipping cute!!
hugs Samantha :0)

Dorte said...

I have a weakness for small cute animals, it's probably why I love your card with penguins!
Soo cute. Love the glittering on the igloo. Makes me freeze! But both cards are gorgeous cards.
hugs Dorte xx

Kaz said...

Two stunning cards Squirrel, loving the winter white theme!
Kaz xx

Jennifer said...

Both really gorgeous! xx Jenny xx

Crealin said...

Hi Squirrel,

I know the feeling but you did a great job because both of your cards are gorgeous!!!

Hugs,

Lins x

Annie said...

I am so behind on blogging - but finally got around to catching up with you! I love your fun festive cards, and that snowman is just so cute!
hugs, annie x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...