WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 11 December 2010

Move Over Mr MaGoo!


Over at the LILI OF THE VALLEY challenge this week there is a fabbie sketch from Dena that was so much fun to play with
I really wanted to use these cute little winter bunnies - they have been crying out to me ever since I bought them so this seemed like the ideal opportunity.  I rotated the sketch and then flipped it so that the sentiment came in the right place.

However ........ it wasn't until I was adding the final border that I realised the whole thing is on the squint!  I've been having trouble with my focal range for a while - yes, I know, I am overdue for an eye test - and I spend more time doing close-up work without my glasses than I do with them on.  But it was when I sat back from it that I thought "Oh ****".  Hey ho, guess that is one of the quirks of a handcrafted card!


The papers are old ones from a Papermania Vintage collection.  They have been sadly neglected but I don't know why as the majority of them are gorgeous with deep, rich colours.  Image is coloured with Distress Inks and I've stamped the LOTV sentiment with Paris Dusk Memento ink to try and match the background blue.

My other card today is just a fun one that I have made for the girls in my favourite coffee shop - what else could I use but Whiff of Joy's Henry?!
Again, coloured with Distress Inks.  Pink paper was from a pad free with a magazine, the blue glittered is Papermania.  Sentiment is LOTV and the border a is Martha Stewart punch.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.  I've now got to be a good girl and actually sit down and write some cards instead of sneaking off to make them!

Hugs, Sxx

9 comments:

Naomi Johnson said...

both lovely cards and who cares if they're squiffy - as you said, makes them more special as they're hand made :)

Tracy said...

These are gorgeous, love the LOTV image, super cute. Beautiful colouring on both.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Diane said...

Awwww!!! Love Henry! You made 2 beauties!

Rufus said...

Have sweet they are! Is the sun ever going to shine in Britain again, Squirrel???? HINT, HINT, HINT!
R/

Jackie said...

Beautiful pair of cards Squirrel, most of my cards end up a bit offline so no worries there :o)
Jackie xx

Wishcraft said...

Both gorgeous cards Squirrel - adorable images and fab papers :o) Lisa x

Delphine said...

They are just gorgeous, Squirrel! I love them both and your DI colouring is amazing as always:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

Tasha said...

Both of these are so cute!Love the colour combos and the images you have used
love tasha xx

Zippy said...

The rabbit one is my favourite card :-} and the little mouse is just so adorable! Lovely cheerful cards! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...