WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Tuesday 8 February 2011

In Case He Hates The Pink

Had a little panic about the Valentine card that I had made for Toad (here) - what if it really is too pink and he hates it but is too sweet to say anything?

So...... I made him another one (he will get both) to be on the safe side:


I really am useless at checking stamp names, but in my head this one is called Love Bunny.  I am certain that it is by Penny Johnson, coz you can just see a tiny "Penny" under his foot!  I've painted him with distress inks and matted him on a sheet of Basic Grey plain red.  The black and white papers are from a gorgeous Dovecraft pack that, oh the shame of it, I had not even opened and I've had them ages.  You might be seeing a few more of these now.  Gold peel off borders from stash, and Martha Stewart heart border punch on a scrap strip of the Basic Grey.  Never throw away those skinny offcuts - you'd be amazed what you can use them for.

I'll let you know next week what his verdict is on both cards!

Hugs, Squirrel xx

20 comments:

cebelica said...

Sqeee, this is so cute! I love this image. Fab card!

Rach said...

Squirrel this is gorgeous, i am sure that toad with love them both.xx

kay said...

am sure he will love it,x

LINDA said...

This is such an adorable card.. Love the darling little image..Very lovely work.. Hugs, Linda

Debbie said...

This is Fab, I agree (although i love the pink card) this one is much more "manly", the other one "I" would love!!
The papers and image are lovely. Debbiexx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie he is a lucky man to get 2 gorgeous cards. they are both fab I love the image on this its gorgeous, might have to see about getting this one lol......actually no I better stop for a bit lol. I've just brought a load of digi's which I'm in love with lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

XxJULESxX said...

Aaw!! gorgeous and so sweet!!

Zippy said...

Brillian card hun, love the black and red, Mr Toad is sure to love this! xxxx

Wishcraft said...

He won't hate the pink one! But this is totally ADORABLE too, just love that bunny and your fab colouring :o) Lisa x

Christina said...

That is again a gorgeous card Squirrel! Looks fantastic!
Hugs Kristel

Julie said...

This is so special Squirrel,I've got those papers and haven't used them as they looked drab,"add red" brilliant idea,they look funky now! Thanks for the inspiration Squirrel,Might fish them out from the back of the door and liberate them:) Have a good week,Julie.x

Fiona said...

Wish I could colour like you! (sigh)

Pauline C said...

Aww Squirrel, this is so fab for a male Valentine - I just so adore that stamp and your colouring is perfect!!
Pauline x

Tracy said...

Squirrel i'm sure he'll love this as it's perfect for a man, love the image, so cute.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

tehehhee!! I think he would love both! so you should give him both!! thehheheee!! and love bunny is a great name for this stamp! great card hun! :0) Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog today! :0)

Rufus said...

Betcha he loves 'em both! Very different but both adorable. I like this one the papers, layout and of course the coloring!
Hugs,
R/

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, wonderful cute bunny and details.
luv
Debby

coops said...

fantastic card squirrel.i love the fab bunny and stunning colouring.
the black and white papers with the pop of red are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Jackie said...

I love them both :o)
Jackie xx

Kaz said...

Ooooh this is adorable! Super cute image and yummy papers.
Kaz xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...