WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 16 June 2011

Lili Of The Valley # 101 - Bring On The Music

Evening all - how's your day been then?  I've had two Thursdays this week - woke up yesterday convinced it was today and just could not shake that feeling off, so it's been a partial Groundhog Day today.  Thank goodness tomorrow is definitely Friday!

This week, LILI OF THE VALLEY are asking us to Bring On The Music - use a song to inspire your card.

I thought long and hard about it, but there is only one that will really fit so I'm going to stick with it (even if some of the lyrics are a bit suspect) - George Michael's Father Figure


I decided to have a go at a joy fold card for my Father's Day card and this LOTV bear (Dad's The Word) was the perfect size.  He's distress ink painted.  The papers are DCWV.  I've used Craftwork Cards metalic gold Candi for accents and a screw head brad as a fastener.  Here's the inside


Yep, another LOTV bear (Mini Bear), and an LOTV sentiment as well!  Used my smallest Nestabilities star and some Bazzil cardstock to finish off.

Well, if this publishes it'll be a miracle - internet has decided to throw a hissy fit.  So much for broadband being faster than dial up!

Hugs Sxx

11 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Squirrel
A gorgeous card love the LOTV image just bought some more need this one now,love the paper's,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Anonymous said...

ooo your more organised than me ! I'm still thinking and doodling, should get my new stamps in tonights mail so have a few hip ideas for the shoesies stamp, my card will be awesome, i have daniel here all night to help me make it lol


Now if this posts it'll really be a miracle, bloggers been bouncing me off comments all week !

Aj.

Julie said...

Like it Squirrel!! How perfect are those brads!!! X

Linda said...

OH I Love it!! The images are just darling.. Very lovely work.. Hugs, Linda

Little K Smith said...

Aaawwww a gorgeous card, adore these LOTV bears, love the card candy too :)
Kelly.x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fold and such adorable images, really sweet, love the papers, gorgeous colours,fantastic colouring, you do reds so beautifully.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Whisper said...

How adorable and am loving the red papers and layout, Luv Sam x

CraftyC said...

I love your card Squirrel and the added fold really adds that extra special touch.Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge, good luck!
Clairexx

Rufus said...

Love this card, Squirrel! Both of the images are just sooooo sweet. You know how much I like your coloring! Congrats to the winner of your candy.
R/

coops said...

love your card squirrel.the joy fold is fantastic and i love your gorgeous papers and colours and great image and details :D

xx coops xx

Delphine said...

Your 100% LOTV card is gorgeous, Squirrel! I totally love the images and your FANTASTIC colouring, and your reds are gorgeous! Brilliant design and I love the embellishments! Have a lovely evening:-) Hugs Delphine xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...