WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 21 July 2011

The Innocence of Childhood

Remember the days when you were never happier than when you had a big old cardboard box to play with and it could turn into anything you wanted it to?  A racing car?  A fire engine?  A tank?  A huge lorry?  Yeah, I bet even girls wanted to drive one of those enormous lorries!

So, with that in mind, I knew exactly what stamp I wanted to use for LILI OF THE VALLEY "Fun & Games" challenge this week


I've used LOTV's Little Lorry Bear and painted him with Distress Inks.  I've used a mixture of Basic Grey and Dovecraft papers and some Papermania cardstock.  The card is from the Christmas pack and is supposed to be gold but it looks like yellow/mustard to me!  I tried to distress the edges of the layers with Tea Dye ink but think I've been too cautious with the colour, it doesn't look strong enough now it's all togethre.  Sentiment is also LOTV from their Clear Additions range.  Finishing touches are handcut photocorners in Basic Grey and some Pebbles Inc Candy Dots.

As I think this would be great for a Little Bear of any age, I'm also entering him into CUTE CARD THURSDAY For His Eyes Only challenge.

Just before I go, here is a better pic of that bear!

Hugs, Sxx

23 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love everything about it, especially the brilliant colouring.
Hugs, Clare x

LilyPuss Cards said...

So cute...I must had this stamp to my list..lol..great colouring and love the papers..
Hugs
Jan..x

Anonymous said...

Cute !!


(always turned mine into steam engines, god i was such a tomboy lol)


Hugs

Aj.

Catherine said...

Cute card and fab colouring!

martina's kaartjes said...

it's a fab card ! lovely done
greetings, martina
x

Fiona said...

this is gorgeous...love the stamp and the colours are perfect.

Fi
x

Claire said...

This is gorgeous and beautifully coloured. Love the image and a great LO and papers - fab card! Hugs, Claire x

Unknown said...

Great card in beautiful colours!
Hugs
Kim
x

Sue B said...

Wow! saw your entry on the LOTV Challenge and really like it. It's gorgeous!! Love the layout and the whole colour combo. The image is adorable and you've painted it so beautifully! I think the tea dye ink looks just right. Love the corner shapes and brads. Perfect Card!!

Hugs Sue xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel love the image and paper's are fab
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Carissa said...

Awww, this is just too cute. Great card! Hugs, Carissa

Jackie said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, that image is fabbytastic :o)
Jackie xx

Rufus said...

Squirrel, I love all your LOTV critters! This is sooo cute! I've got 'em on my list...but they keep slipping. Lately in favor of paying the dentists! LOL Great card!!
R/

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and so cute too.
luv
Debby

coops said...

wow, i really love this squirrel.stunning papers and bold colours and the image is gorgeous.super layout too :D


xx coops xx

Janice said...

What a delightful card - coloured to perfection as always. As for doing a similar card - I'd be flattered! Jx

Christina said...

That is a stunning card Squirrel!! Love the colouring you did dear!
Hugs Kristel

Wishcraft said...

So adorable :o) Fab image and your colouring is gorgeous. There's a photo of me and my auntie (she's only 3yrs older than me) when we were little, sat in a cardboard box pretending to drive around my grandma's yard. Always makes me smile :o) Lisa x

Whisper said...

Absolutely adorable and i have a 4 year old, who still does that !!!, Luv Sam x

Crealin said...

Hi Squirrel,

thanx for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment. Everything's fine around here, I really love my extra time to craft :) Your card is a true beauty, what a coloring with distress ink, I wish I could do this to. Gorgeous!
Your papers fit perfectly! Such a talent.

Have a nice weekend,

Lins ;)

Hazel said...

I love the image and I love the papers - in fact I love the card. Hazel x

Zippy said...

I love everything about this card hun! Fab image, superb colouring and the papers are just perfect! xxxx

Dena said...

AWE! So cute Squirrel!!! My son always loved those large cardboard boxes, he had such an imagination as a small child!
Your coloring is just so fantastic. Love the shading on your balloon. Great card!
Thanks so much for joining the Lili of the Valley challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...