WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Friday 2 September 2011

LOTV - Pop's Sketch

Do you ever have arguments with yourself?  Yeah, I know we all do in the little ways - shall I have chocolate, no I don't need it, yes but it's yum - but I mean long, reasoned arguments.

Ever since I saw the LILI OF THE VALLEY challenge yesterday, which this week is a sketch by the lovely and adorable Pops (Hi Sweetie), my brain has divided itself into two opposing teams and there has been a row going on between those fluffy ears for 36 hours now, and it is starting to get on my pip!

And the reason for this madness?  LOTV have not only set another brilliant challenge but they are also looking for a guest design team member for four weeks.  Wow, what an honour and a privilege that would be, to play in the big league.  But that's where the trouble started.  It's currently going something like this:
Ooh, a GDT spot, you should have a go for that.
Don't be daft
Why not?
I'm not good enough.
Now who's being daft?
My style isn't what they will be looking for
Nothing wrong with your style woman.
I don't use ProMarkers for colouring like they do
So what's wrong with being different, the results are still good
I don't use enough fluff.
A lot of people don't - there are even fluff free challenges now you know.
My cards are boring.
No they're not, that's why you have so many Followers.
Hmmmmm
Don't you hmmmmmm me missus

And so it goes on.  And on, and on and round and round.  Anyway, even at the moment of posting this, I still haven't reached a decision.  Here's my card:


Ingredients for this card are:
Stamped Image: LOTV New Hat
Colouring Medium: Distress Inks
Papers:  Spotty and striped - Doodlebug, plain blue - Dovecraft, red cardstock - Bazzil
Sentiment: LOTV
Other: Flowers - EK Success retro punches, Leaves - Martha Stewart punch, Dot - hole punch
Metal Corner - Wild Orchid Crafts

So, it is now a case of do I don't I will I won't I ........ helllllllllllllllllllllllp !!

Hugs, Sxx

22 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Squirrel
I adore your style as I am sure many do, and yes recently had the same argument with myself, and then the husband joined in, I eventually did and thrilled I did as you have read. Loved your comment by the way but you are still showing my old candy when the new one is so much more colourful. Love the colour combo on this pretty card and fabulous image and that corner detail is gorgeous
have a great weekend
Hugs Kate xx

Chrissy said...

DO IT...go on...DO IT!! Your cards are gorgeous, lovely colouring, you can follow a sketch, you use lovely papers, think of all the yumminess you can play with, think of the honour, go on DO IT.
Look at this card...it is gorgeous.
It's so neat and clean and verrrry pretty...DO IT..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sharon said...

Go for it! Ages ago your cards inspired me to give stamping a go, which I'm still very grateful for. It would also be good to see more DT cards on blogs that don't feature ProMarkers.

Great card, love the colours.

Helen said...

Lol...you sound like me! You know what they say...nothing ventured...
I love it....such pretty pastels...and I love your colouring...you know I'm not keen on those alcohol markers anyway.
Helen x

MagsB said...

Go for it! Your cards are fantastic, and your colouring is so beautiful, I love what you do with Inks! Good luck!

luv, Mags x

martina's kaartjes said...

oooh, she's sooo pretty ! lovely !
greetings, martina
x

Claire said...

LOL what are you like woman!? Go for it .... you have nothing to lose and will regret it if you don't. Your card is lovely and your style is fab and we are always our own worst critics. Hugs, Claire x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel - fab colouring as always. I had the argument with myself too, except mine went something like this ....
Ooh a GDT - i'd love to go for that ....
...Sh** I'm gonna be on holiday for part of it!!
[Argument over! lol!!]
Hugs
Pauline x

coops said...

oh my word, finally i know someone who argues with themselves as much as me.
you must enter the gdt call, your cards are fantastic and you certainly have nothing to lose (says me who won`t put myself forward for things too )
love tonights card hun, the image is so sweet and your colours and papers are gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

Christy Beans said...

Oh, honestly! *stamps her foot* We Squirrel-followers LOVE your DI coloring and your crafty style!!! Do we need to put up a blinking neon sign outside your craftroom window that says "You are absolutely fabulous!" to convince your inner critic? *grin* As Helen said, not everyone wants to color with Promarkers and Copics and even those who do love the softness that you achieve with DI. And I agree with Sharon that it's nice to see DTs who don't always default to markers. If you are willing to put in the time and effort for a GDT spot, I say flick that tail, scurry along and go for it!
Crafty love and support, Christy B

Julie said...

You'll never know if you don't try;) go on,take a deep breath,you know you want too !
Fab card! Julie x

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your cards are wonderful and I would have the argument that if you enter a card there is no since in me trying as yours will be the one picked. LOL!...Go for it...I love your cards!

The Crafty Elf said...

Your card is just lovely!!! If you don't do things and step out of your comfort zone, you'll never know how good you really are! Honestly...what is the worst thing that'll happen? You'll make the DT and then you'll have all the bragging rights, compliments and you'll even inspire more people than you already have! You can do it! I say JUMP!

Bernie said...

Okay I'm in a rush and don't have time to read everyone’s comment but I'd be willing to bet everyone says DO IT and I say DO IT. Quit doubting yourself. BTW your card is absolutely brilliant.
Blessings Bernie

Rufus said...

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who argues with myself! Now...as my favorite Squirrel you know that I adore your work...so with that said, OF COURSE, you are going to DO IT! They would be very very lucky to get you! You love their stamps and always do a brilliant job with them. Part of the reason I love your cards so much is that they aren't "fluffy"! Not everybody in the world loves Copics or ProMarkers!!
GO SQUIRREL!!!!
Hugs,
R/

Jackie said...

Go for it Squirrel, your cards are gorgeous, I love this one :o)
Jackie xx

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely Squirrel! Go for it! I love your internal dialogue. Now ignore it and just go for it! LOL! Kim

Pink Dandelion said...

Flippin' 'eck Squirrel. I am glad I didn't see this yesterday, steam would've been coming out my ears lol. So glad you saw sense (eventually) and entered. You'd make a great Guest Designer with your Distress inks. Debs xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous love this image, fab colours too,thanks for joining us at LOTV hugs pops x x x

Delphine said...

I love reading your doubts hun:-)! Of course you should apply! Your card is gorgeous and your colouring with DI is fantastic, I love, love it! And I am not the only one! And if you feel like doing it and don't do it, then you are going to have dialogues with yourself about whether you should have tried, and what if you had tried LOL! Have a lovely evening! Hugs Delphine xx

Sarn said...

I say . . . GO FOR IT . . . else you'll never know!

The card you've posted is terrific.

Hugs, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Go for it - nothing ventured etc. your cards are fantastic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...