WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 26 November 2011

Brrrrr - LOTV Anything Goes

Hello Peeps!  Hope you are all well, or recovering from unwell, today.  After the high of Thursday, it was down to earth with a bump yesterday.  I woke up in the early hours of Friday morning (it happens when you reach a certain age) needing the loo.  I stumbled out of bed into the bathroom and sat there thinking Thank goodness it's Saturday.  Imagine my distress when the alarm went off at 5.45 and I realised that it was only Friday and I had another day at work to get through!

But never mind, Saturday it is now!  I've been for a tail trim this morning - feeling much tidier now.  I have to confess that the fur was looking a little like tumbleweed as I'd gone longer between snips than usual and with curly fur it plays havoc in damp and windy conditions.  So, nicely preened, I came home and set to with getting a casserole in the oven for tonight's dinner.  That is bubbling away gently now (ooh the wonderful smells of chicken, shallots, mushrooms and BEER - yep, a beer based gravy for this one - you should have heard Toad howl when I nicked a bottle from his stash).

One card for you today, but I am off to the craft space to play again once this is posted:



And the ingredients for this card are:
Stamped Image: My most used LOTV stamp, James The Bear In Snow
Colouring Medium: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (ReInkers & Pads)
Iced Spruce, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Tumbled Glass
Papers:  BoBunny Snowfall Collection (so delicious)
Sentiment:  LOTV Christmas Postmarks
Extras:  Nestabilities Grommet (where's Wallace?) Labels, gems from stash, Martha Stewart and
Hobbycraft snowflake punches

Thanks so much for popping over today, I appreciate each and every one of you so much.  Without you, this blog wouldn't happen.  And a big thank you to everyone who left such a supportive message on my mad Timmie post on Thursday - who knows, one day I might even start to believe I can do it !!

And before I go, I just want to say a big hello to two super bloggie buds, Lisa (Wishcraft) and Clare (My Purrfect World ...) - you both have a very special place in my heart.

Huge Hugs, Sxx

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Fabulous card Squirrel, this is probably one of my most used LOTV stamps as it's so cute!
Just seen your fab post about Timmie and can only say that it's well deserved. Your colouring is superb so I'm really pleased that you've got the recognition you deserve.
Sarah xx :0)

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card S, fabulous colouring as usual and I love those gorgeous snowflakes. Debs xx

craftymum said...

Super card Squirrel
hugs sarah x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Squirrel
A gorgeous and beautiful card love the LOTV image and paper's and colour's are fab
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Squirrel. love the papers and fabulous little bear, gorgeous colouring as per usual.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Christy Beans said...

LOL @ the Friday-Saturday mixup - I've done that. There's something surreal about going to work after you've thought it was Saturday. =)

I LOVE this card's color scheme... as much as I adore Christmas, red and green are expected while THIS is something extraordinary. I always love when you pick unexpected colors* with such great results!

*like this one: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vcnQERAVncY/Tn9KRdF-f3I/AAAAAAAACIc/dK3DFqm_nKc/s1600/Kanban+Get+Well+Bear.jpg

Claire said...

YAY it's James - I love him and this is a little cutie with a fab colour combo. Hugs, Claire x

Katarina said...

Adorable! I love the colors and patterns you've used for your card, thank you for playing along with us in the LOTV challenge.

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Squirrel! Love the colors!
Hugs Kristel

coops said...

wow really love this squirrel.your papers and details are stunning and i love the sweet bear :D

xx coops xx

Naomi Johnson said...

Ahhh this is soo cute! wonderful card and I love the papers - lush!

Zippy said...

Such a cutie! Love the colours and papers, totally fab card. xxxx

Lee said...

STUNNING CARD.LOVE the colours n papers.Gorgeous image.x

Share Knowledges said...

Reason of liking of this little cut image is, a fabulous colour combination. Lots of layer you attached that is gorgeous, also that description also.
remote control cars

Kaz said...

Oooooh this is such a delish colour combo! Fabulous card hun.
Kaz xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...