WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Monday 28 November 2011

You're Putting a WHAT on Your Card?

Hello chaps, Monday evening it is.  Did you know that today was supposed to be the busiest day for cyber-shopping?  I confess I did a little of that this morning but only for part of His Nibs Christmas present.  Mind you, having just checked my bank balance (still got 9 nine days til payday) I think I might be able to squeak in a little shopping just for me too!

Now then, do your men only hear what they want to?  When I told him I had been asked to make this card his response was Why would you want a slapper on your card?  Oh good grief, no dear, that's FLAPPER with a F, not a S ......... I despair sometimes.

Our caretaker at work is a lovely little fella and he was looking through my box of cards last week to find one for his wife.  Not for any particular occasion, a just because card.  Anyway, we were chatting and he said that she likes to collect ornamental ladies in period costume.  Having established that the 20s and 30s is her favourite era I just knew that this was the right stamp.


Isn't she a doll?  He didn't want fussy thankfully as I think the CAS suits her well.

Ingredients for this little card are:
Stamped Image:  Lil Lolita - Evie 20s
Colouring Medium Part Distress Inks, part paper piecing
Papers:  K&Co and DCWV scraps
Sentiment:  Penny Black (from Hugs clear set I think)
Corners: Lili Of The Valley

No challenges for this one, it's simply a for-the-fun-of-it card.

Hugs, Sxx

14 comments:

Cathy said...

Men!!!!!!!! Too true, they only hear what they want to! Bless him though ;).
Love the card, great paper peicing and fab corners.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Suzie's Card Den said...

Love the card and the story which goes with it.
Hugs
Sue x

Sarah said...

Totally agree with the men comment!!
Fabulous card hun, great paper piecing on the dress.
Sarah xx :0)

Chrissy said...

Slapper..lol..that was so funny..great card Squirrel,she has beautiful eyes, lovely colouring...hee,hee, still chuckling about that...and they say "kids say the darndest things"

Luv CHRISSYxx

Naomi Johnson said...

Iisn't she a doll? really lovely card

coops said...

so stunning squirrel.love the gorgeous image and she doesn`t look like a slapper to me.lol.love your cas design and colours too :D

xx coops xx

Wishcraft said...

Aww she's lovely, slapper or not ;o) Pretty colours and love her paper pieced outfit. Lisa x

Delphine said...

Well she is perfect, Squirrel! I love your image and what can I say about your choice of colours??? Well, perfect too:-)! I love the classy corners, and of course the layout:-)! Have a lovely evening my furry friend:-) Hugs Delphine xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LURVE the card and what a sweetie of a man, a just because card, bless!

Rufus said...

Like your "slapper" card, lol, MEN! Then again your customer wanted a card for his wife just because... can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!
R/

Anonymous said...

Cute card hunny! my hubby has tinnitus so no chance of him hearing me right most of the time!! HAHA!!! I wont tell if you don't that I told him I was gonna spend a lot of money! pmsl!! :0) happy spending hunny! :0)

Lee said...

just the right image the that card.She is really lovely too.x

Zippy said...

Love the card and the colours and image are just perfect! xxxx

Pauline C said...

Lovely Squirre - fab image :-)
Pauline x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...