WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Friday 28 December 2012

Fairy Dust Magic

Morning all!  Did you have a good Christmas then?  We did, it was quiet and cozy and just lovely.  Christmas Day was just me, Toad and Vince and after we got back from Mass we had a really relaxing day, I didn't even get stressed with the dinner!

Santa must have thought I had been a good girl this year as he brought me loads of wonderful stamps (good job I had stocked up on EZ Mount) and my darling mum gave me a cheque as a hefty contribution towards a Grand Calibur.  I knew she was doing this so I had ordered the Calibur a few days before Christmas, thinking it would arrive in the New Year but thanks to the excellent service from Glitter Pot and an extra effort from Royal Mail, it arrived on Christmas Eve!  Wheeeeeeeee.

Anyhoo, enough of Christmassy things, I had a birthday card order to do - Doreen who I sit with at Church had asked me for a simple but quirky card for a 70th birthday.


I've used  from Sprinkle Some Love from Sugar Nellie Home Grown Collection
Painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers)
Scattered Straw, Brushed Corduroy, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose
Tumbled Glass, Dusty Concord, Shabby Shutters, Worn Lipstick
Tea Dye, Walnut Stain and Mustard Seed
Sentiment is from Hobby Arts
Matting layer is Papermania from a Capsule Collection
Iridescent gems from Crafty Devils
And a sprinkling of Glamour Dust in the tea and the tiny pink bag

Hugs, Sxx

22 comments:

Loving My Crafts said...

What a beautiful card, love it!

Claire said...

This is a really sweet card and I love the simple layout and design. Glad you had a fabby Christmas and got lots of lovely gifts too. Hugs, Claire x

Kim Dellow said...

very cute Squirrel, hope you had a good Christmas. Kimx

Tanya said...

Fab card Squirrel, so pretty! Doreen and her recipient will love it :) Glad you had a lovely Christmas, and have fun with your Grand Calibur, I love mine :D Glitter Pot is the business for quick shipping, I always get my orders to Ireland within a couple of days - love it :)

Tags xx

Sonia said...

What a adorable image,sooooooo cute my dear^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Squirrel, I love the sweet image and your colouring is fabulous.
I am glad you had a good Christmas, it sounds like you have some lovely goodies to play with - have fun!
Hugs Sue

Mary J said...

Soooo sweet, Squirrel! Love the use of white space!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Awwwww - this image is adorable Squirrel! Your colouring is gorgeous, as always, and I love the CAS layout too.

So pleased your GC arrived in time for Christmas - what a fantastic gift!

Hugs, Sylvia xx

Kaz said...

Awww what a cutie! Lovely card. Have fun playing with your new toy!
Hugs
Kaz xx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous litle fairy Squirrel..fabulous colouring and love the tiny fairy helper, how cute..glad you had a lovely Christmas,we did too..lots of fun and food..and very excited kids.

Luv CHRISSYxx

ginny c said...

Beautiful card Squirrel glad you had a lovely Christmas you have been a very good squirrel to get all your crafting presses hugs ginny xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie this is just gorgeous, gorgeous colours too huggles Pops x x x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so cute
Lisa x

Kat said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel. Love the sweet image. Sounds like you had a lovely stress-free Christmas. We were quite busy from Christmas Eve until this morning. But fairly stress-free too. I never get stressed about the cooking as I do enjoy cooking for my family. Not often I get the chance now.

Nice to hear you got your Grand Calibur before Christmas. I might be prejudiced as I work in a Post Office but I think Royal Mail have done a great job at an incredibly busy time for them. Hope you're enjoying playing with your new toy!

Kat xx

Joey said...

oooooooh You are going to LOVE the calibur hun! Gorgeous card and beautiful little image :) Joeyx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a beautiful card and I think this is perfect for a quirky 70th birthday. What sweet little fairies adding the secret ingredient to the tea. (Love! Love is the secret ingredient!)

Have fun playing with the Grand Caliber. We will expect grand things from you with it!

Jackie said...

What a delightful card, so cute. If you love your Grand Calibur half as much as I love mine then you will enjoy it very much indeed :o)
Jackie xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Aww I love this sweetie and what a pretty card. Glad you had a good time with lots of new goodies.

coops said...

so gorgeous hun.the image is so sweet and i love your pretty colours.enjoy all your new goodies :D

xx coops xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous 'S'. I am so glad you had a lovely Christmas and your big toy arrived in time for the big day.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a beautiful card, I've not seen that image before, it's soooooooooo cute. Love it.

Glad you had a lovely Christmas, gladly we did too

Pauline C said...

Adorable Squirrel - wonderful image.
Hugs
Pauline x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...