WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 8 December 2012

In A Row

I was quite excited when I saw the LESS IS MORE one layer challenge this morning - the theme is In A Row and Jen and Chrissie have provided the best inspiration cards.  My head was bursting with ideas ...... but like a good little squirrel I sat down to do my "order" cards first.

I've been fighting with a cold that won't surface this week, but it is playing havoc with my sinuses, and today I feel like I have been punched in the face.  So by the time the order cards were done, I was feeling quite tired and fuzzy headed (not much change there then) and this morning's excitement had faded.

I still have lots of ideas, and will have another go at this challenge tomorrow if I can, but for now, here is the simple idea first.


The stamp is from a clear set called "The Christmas Spirit" but I can't remember the make, and the sentiment is Hero Arts.  Images painted in Distress Inks (ReInkers).

It is now thirteen days to the 21st December and I am looking forward to it very much for two big reasons - 1. I finish work until 2nd January and 2. It is the shortest day of the year, so after that the daylight hours start to increase again!  I never used to mind dark evenings and winter nights, but this year I am really suffering from them and the poor light we have been having.  Maybe it is because I want to be crafting, or maybe I am just getting old and grumpy!

Anyway, hope to see you soon.  Don't forget, I have a Christmas Mini Candy running until 15th December so you still have plenty of time to get your name down.

Hugs, Sxx

21 comments:

Kat said...

Love this card Squirrel, these Santa's are a lot of fun. Hope they've finished delivering the presents before they started on the wine lol!

Lucky you having so many days off. We get two days each week. I'm hoping to have three each week as Thursday is my day off. At least it should be quietish as no-one wants the post office after they've posted their Christmas cards and parcels. But talking of grumpy if one more person grumbles about the price of stamps I might just slap them. I have to buy them too and they have been this price since April. And did I ask them to send huge outsize cards? I don't think so! Yes I'm grumpy too!!

Have a lovely weekend.

Kat xx

Jackie said...

Brilliant card, so apt for the challenge :o)
Jackie xx

Doreen said...

Fabulous card,love the image.xxx

Kathyk said...

Smashing card and so jolly too

Kathyk

Caroline said...

I love this card the image is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Squirrel. I love that fun image and wonderful colouring.

I hope you are feeling better soon

Hugs Sue

Claire said...

This is a fab card. Hugs, Claire x

Lorraine said...

Ho, Ho, Ho! Fabulous card Squirrel. Hope you manage to keep the cold at bay, mine is driving me nuts!! Every time I put my head down to colour...my nose runs!! yuk!
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

Donna Mosley said...

Fab card Squirrel, love the Santa's.

Donna x

Suzilou said...

What a fab santa stamp, might just join them with a glass of wine hehe :)

Chrissie said...

Oh Goody three Santas... all the more presents!
Fun card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Vicky Hayes said...

Now that's a fabulous trio of boozy santas Squirrel! I know what you mean about the low light but it's all downhill to summer from here! Vicky x

Mary J said...

He he - what a lot of fun Squirrel!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This looks a lot of fun S. Love the cheeky face. Hope you enjoy your time off of work, make the most of it.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Jane said...

"3 Cheers" for the card & hope you feel better soon!
hugs
Jane

Fiona said...

Love this image of Santa with a tipple. So cheerful and just what the Dr ordered.

coops said...

simply gorgeous hun.i love your merry santas :D
enjoy your days off too,i get christmas day and boxing day off and then back to work.i am so going to make the most of them :D

xx coops xx

Jen Nelson said...

super cute squirrel

Thanks for joining us

Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Santa sure is full of holiday cheer, isn't he?! That is the the only way to spend the holidays!!! hee hee. I'm looking forward to increased daylight too. This lizard requires much heat and sun! I have a fake sunlamp thing at both desks-home and work. It is to help with SAD. I think it helps.

Skye said...

Great card. I like the fun row of Santas. That looks like red wine, should he be in charge of a vehicle ie reindeers?

Viv said...

Awww such cute Santa's, great card :) Viv xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...