WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 8 March 2014

Cherry On Top

Hello everyone, and Happy Saturday to you!  The sun is shining, the birds are singing (and they were at 5.30, the little devils), and I am ON HOLIDAY, whooooooooooooooooooooooo!!  I was an incredibly lazy Squirrel this morning and, having turned the alarm off last night, I had a lovely long snoozy lie-in.  Bliss, and long overdue!

Anyhoo, here with a simple little card for you today:


This is one of the new Angelica & Adam stamps from Crafters Companion
and is called Cherry on Top
CC have ventured into acrylic stamps for this range, and at £2.99 each they are a bargain
I will say that I found the stamp a little on the soft and floppy side, but with gentle handling the end result was good.  Press too hard and you would get blurred edges I think.
Painted in Distress Inks (ReInkers) on Bristol Board
Sentiment is from Paper Smooches
Papers are Dovecraft Tea House collection

Whatever you are up to today, I hope it is fun.

Hugs to all, Squirrel xx



15 comments:

Sarah said...

What a cutie Squirrel and beautifully painted. Thanks for the tip about the gentle handling, I have been tempted to have another spend!! Hope you have a really good holiday xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A real real little cutie, fab card

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel. Definitely a very sweet image and such beautiful colouring. I love those pretty papers too.
Enjoy your holiday.
hugs Sue

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Squirrel, I like the sweet image and the lovely papers.
Kevin xx

Kathyk said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cute! Great image and paper choices

Enjoy your break

Kathyk

Mary J said...

Really sweet and you've framed her beautifully!

Joey said...

Super cute! love your colours on her. Joey xx

Claire said...

Such a sweetie - that cake is way too big for her LOL. Hugs, Claire x

Judith said...

so pretty Squirrell - I have been sitting on my hands to stop myself buying these ones! - lucky you -on your hollies - enjoy plenty more lie ins - theyre the best holidays of all hugs Judith x

Jackie said...

Such a sweet and girly card Squirrel.
Enjoy your holiday, mine is juat finished but in 2 weeks time I have another week off :o)
Jackie xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so cute, love those papers they go so well with the adorable image.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Annette said...

Lovely image, and perfectly matched papers! Yummy!

Kat W said...

Yay for being on holiday and having a lie-in!
And yay for your super cute card - not sure I could eat that cake in one go but send it over and I'll see what I can do ;-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

coops said...

so gorgeous squirrel.stunning sweet image and those cupcake papers are perfect ;D

xx coops xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Thanks for that light bulb moment! I have some clear stamps that always seem to get blurred edges. Now I know what their issue is. I promise to try not to manhandle them so much in the future.

This is more your style of a CAS card, not so naked as the one showed off later. Adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...