WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 28 November 2015

Evenin' All

Afternoon chaps!  I bet you are all busy busy busy with your Christmas shopping and plans aren't you?  Me, so far I have adopted the Ostrich Principle about the whole thing, but I know that come Tuesday, 1 December, I shall be spiralling into full-on panic mode!

As evidence of the denial that it really is going to happen, I have turned my back on the Christmas cards today and made this little fun one, just because.


So, this is the Little Heroes policeman from Lili of The Valley - he's part of the Cops & Cooks stamp
Painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers)
You would not believe the debate that Toad and I had over the colour of a policeman's uniform
Sentiment stamp is from Clearly Besotted
Simple black matting layer


Nothing much going on at Squirrel Towers today, except that we will be popping out later to go and have a look for a dishwasher.  Toad's dream has finally come true.   He thinks the expense of it will be offset by what we save in not getting him Marigolds, lol!  Oh, and a Chinese Takeway in from of the telly tonight for the last F1 of the season.  Feels like Christmas already!

Hugs to all
Squirrel xx




18 comments:

Alison59 said...

Hee hee hee can just imagine you and Toad "debating" the colour. I can guess who won lol. Fab card :-)

Sarah said...

Love your little policeman Squirrel, beautifully painted xx

thecraftycavalier said...

Totally love it! I think this colour is spot on for the uniform :-) A package came in the post a few days ago - I shall wrap it and send it to santa and hope that you've been good!!!!!! Mwah xxxx

Lorraine said...

He looks fab Squirrel, love the colour, perfect for a bobby.
Lorraine x

Ruth said...

I've started to panic a bit about Christmas cards too - but somehow despite all the lovely new stamps I have, my mind is wandering to non-Christmassy ones. I love this CAS card - brilliant use of the 'hello' and I think his uniform is perfectly coloured. xx

coops said...

fantastic fun card Mrs S, i love the image and brilliant wording.:D
my christmas prep is virtually non existent, lots of presents still to get and boohoo it will be shop brought christmas cards this year ;(

xx coops xx

Curly said...

How cute is this little dude, awesome colouring hunni, it's brought this cut little coppa to life.........as for Christmas Ptfffffff it's cards from a box and loads of shopping still to do but never mind.....
Have a fantastic Sunday
Hugs and kindest regards
Bridget 😄 Xx

Jackie said...

You are like a magnet for these sweet little images Squirrel, you and Christine L make a great pair LOL.
What was the outcome of your debate then, cuz all the policemen/ladies that come into our store are dressed in black :o)
Jackie xx

Christine L said...

Love it! That sentiment used like that is so perfect for this little policeman - clever you! And thank goodness, I have not looked closely enough at a policeman's uniform to know WHAT colour it is.. even though my brother started in the police at 16 and retired at 50 odd.... maybe I walk around with my eyes closed!

Hugs
Christine x

downrightcrafty said...

love the image and the sentiment made me smile
hugs Kate x

Annette said...

I love your plod image and he's coloured perfectly with the shade being spot on! I hope Toad now agrees it's right! Fab sentiment too! Hope the dishwasher's earning its keep. I don't think you'll regret it.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! if this was a digi I could do with this!!!! I LOVE him.

Sounds like you are relaxing BEFORE the panic - wonderful luxury

Sue said...

Wot's goin' on here then? (-; Just another gorgeous card coloured by lovely Squirrel! I could let you into a secret about the colour of uniforms but it would probably sound tedious and I would sound like an anorak !!!
I love this Squirrel, a wonderful and clever CAS card.
Sue...xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Just catching up after my craft fairs the last two days Love this cute card

Chrissy said...

"What's all this then"...heard that on the telly..Fabulous fun card Squirrel..love your little plod..

luv CHRISSYxx

Brawny x said...

This is a great little image. A fabulous card x

Kat W said...

Well I think you have nailed it with the colour of the uniform, not to mention your fabulous shading and the cute CAS design. Plus I just love the fun sentiment you added :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Squee! so cute! I was in ostrich mode too, came up for air and panicked. Now I'm back to ostriching.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...