WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 25 February 2017

Tessie The Teacher (DTDF DT)

Morning everyone.  Welcome to the world of germs, well, certainly a house of germs.  How is it, that everytime the schools have half-term, full term, PD days, and the kids are roaming loose around the world (instead of being held in captivity, which they should be until at least the age of 14) there is an almighty outbreak, within three days of them being released, of hideous germs that sweep through civilisation like a wildfire?!

This house has been infected with germs since just after the start of the last half term.  Toad came home with it.  To be fair, he may not have been the carrier, as the office is also riddled with coughs and sneezes.  I travel to work on public transport and for weeks those journeys have been like travelling with a TB epidemic.

I kid you not - anyone under 5' is infected with every germ known to mankind, and some that aren't yet discovered.  Seriously, every childless adult should be issued with a free-for-life supply of Dettol Wipes.

Anyhoo, it's Saturday, so it is my day to share a DIES TO DIE FOR make with you, and as I have been grumbling about children, here is Tessie The Teacher, who doesn't look as if she has been near a germ in her entire life!




The image, as always, has been painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers)
and I have stamped and painted on Daler Rowney Bristol Board

Hope your weekend is sneeze free

Hugs to all
Squirrel xx


8 comments:

Juls said...

Fabulous!!! Xx

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous design what a great stamp. Children on holiday in our are both hubby and I have had a heavy cold so unlike us enough said but I now know who to blame Love and hugs Carole x

Annette said...

I'm with you on the captivity front, but would suggest at least 18, not 14. Lovely card and Tessie looks amazing. Those papers are perfect for the theme too. xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So sorry you are still suffering. I am still coughing and squeaking my way through life. Your card is gorgeous Squirrel. She must be immune to the germs being with little darlings all day.
Hugs
Cathy
xxx

Ribbon Girl said...

great card, I like that image and I hope your germs are soon gone (my home is always germ-ridden as teacher daughter carries home a bucketful of germs every evening)

Shelly said...

Hi Squirrel, firstly thank you for you kind comment on my blog recently, it really cheered up my day to see someone still visits x

Now your card, OMG fab...love the image and your colouring is just perfect.

Hugs, Shelly xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I don't know... Tessie the Teacher looks pretty skinny. Someone better fatten her up so she can better fight off those germs. The germs are everywhere here too--all February long, cough, hack, sneeze, wheeze, snort. And it isn't just me it is everyone. Yep I work at a school too.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand (which I did not study for as the dog ate my homework) your card is great!

Tanya said...

Hope the cold gets better soon Squirrel :) I have the kind of immune system where I get colds from week old babies instead of the other way around - but I'm a bit of a hermit so don't come into contact with too many of them haha :D

Gorgeous card, I love the Uptown Girls, they're my favourite! Their skinny pins are a bit of a challenge for me when colouring though, I have yet to master the art of staying within the lines there haha :D As always your colouring is amazing <3

Tanya xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...