WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 25 May 2017

In The Pink (DT) Embossing

Hello peeps, it is my turn on the Pink Job-Share with Annette to bring you something for the challenge starting at IN THE PINK today.

For this fortnight's challenge we are asking to see your EMBOSSING - that can be wet or dry, or with dies/stencils - there are a surprising number of embossing techniques so we would like you to show yours.

I have been wanting to try the white outline style of embossing for a while but couldn't see to find the right stamp/image, until I bought a magazine with a fabulous floral stamp/die set as the free gift.


Ooh get me, all subtle!
So the flowers were stamped with VersaMark and I used a fine white heat embossing powder.  I painted the petals and leaves with Distress Inks (ReInkers) and then fussy cut the whole bouquet.
The vase was also stamped, embossed and painted, but there was a vase die with the freebies so that was simple.
Some polka dot and candy striped paper from my scraps box
Tonic scalloped edged dies for a little bit of interest
and a Tattered Lace sentiment die (which was a freebie with their magazine)

We are thrilled to have on board Tracy from Dies To Die For as
our very generous sponsor of this theme with a £15 store voucher for the lucky winner.


Hugs to all
Squirrel xx


7 comments:

~@ngie~ said...

it looks stunning darl... I do love the flowers :) xXx
Please visit my blog :)

Annette said...

Fab embossing and a great image to do it with, it really suits it. Lovely pastel colours too. xx

coops said...

So beautiful Squirrel.I love the effect of the image with the white embossing and your delicate colouring is gorgeous :D

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really beautiful Squirrel. Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY Beautiful, Love it
Faith
x

Sarah said...

Really pretty Squirrel xx

Ruth said...

Ooooh fabulous! I love using white embossing on an image. I think it's very striking and this one is beautiful with all that pink. I just LOVE this stamp set. It's not often I do love free stamps quite so much, but it has so many different elements it's great. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...